List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LyX Outliner and Corkboard - Feature Proposal
From:       Vincent van Ravesteijn <V.F.vanRavesteijn () tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2009-03-05 22:25:50

rgheck schreef:
> This is the same issue as with InsetOptArg. It shouldn't be an inset.
> It's a layout feature.
>
> Richard

That's why I would like to see this difference to disappear. Why is a
note an Inset and the title an layout ? Why is a branch an inset and the
abstract a layout ? Why do we have a lyxcode layout and a listings
insets ? etc.  Well, I maybe could answer myself here, but the
difference is little. And now we want to have layouts with features and
settings and insets that look like layouts (e.g. also charstyles etc.).

PS. I do not want to start a "everything-is-an-inset flamewar"...

Vincent