List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Another bug
From:       Dekel Tsur <dekel () math ! tau ! ac ! il>
Date:       2000-06-19 16:58:52

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 06:14:45PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Dekel> It is possible that the problem is not related to spellcheking.
> Dekel> I can consistently get the same behavior by 1. Selecting some
> Dekel> text in LyX 2. Unselecting the text 3. Pressing the middle
> Dekel> mouse button (inside the LyX window) 4. Quit from LyX
>
> Dekel> This is a rather serious bug, and I hope it can be fixed before
> Dekel> 1.1.5
>
> It seems to me that Lars said he's got a fix for that. Is it checked
> in 1.1.5?

This bug can be fixed by not calling to bview->stuffClipboard(...)
(in LyXText::SetSelection) when selection is false:

-       bview->stuffClipboard(selectionAsString(bview->buffer()));
+       if (selection)
+               bview->stuffClipboard(selectionAsString(bview->buffer()));

This is done in the patch I send few days ago for lazy copying to the
clipboard (subject was "Re: CVS should be stable now")