List:       linux-wlan-devel
Subject:    [lwlan-devel] Re: [lwlan-user] linux-wlan-ng 0.1.14-pre3 released
From:       Jacek Pliszka <pliszka () phyun0 ! ucr ! edu>
Date:       2002-05-21 19:29:58

> First, as of the 13th of May, I'm employed by AbsoluteValue Systems, the

Congratulations!

> Version 0.1.14-pre3 is up at

> significantly reduces CPU load (and driver readability!)  Other noteworthy
> changes include USB fixes -- it no longer kernel panics when you bring up
> the interface,

Well, this is not yet fixed. Please look here:
http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka/hints/WUSB11-panic.jpg

I tried it with vanilla Red Hat 7.3 (2.4.18 with RH patches).

Everything works perfectly if I am using USB hub (both Logitech and IOgear
hubs worked).

If I connect directly and the device is connected during the boot
I am getting kernel panic as on the picture.

More details on my setup are here:
http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka/hints/wireless.html

I would be glad to be a lab rat to test it.

> and using WEP should now work.

Great!  I will try it during the weekend.

Thanks for great work!

BR,

Jacek