List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    Re: Is [RedHat on] Ultra Sparc stable?
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-07-03 23:54:36

The AXi platform has been the most problematic to make run
stably.  I've spent several months on and off trying to deal
with this with little or no success, and now this work is
halted since I lack any AXi hardware on which to even do this
work anymore.

So until I can get permanent access to an AXi system to continue
working on fixing these issues, what I recommend now is to stay
away from AXi if you want stability.

My guess is that your OEM Ultra is AXi based and is why you are
seeing so many problems.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com