List:       linux-sparc
Subject:    Re: RealPlayer for Sparc/Linux available for immediate download
From:       "David S. Miller" <davem () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-07-03 23:37:41

   Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:15:53 -0400
   From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>

   Dave, when was this change made, and why doesn't it show up in
   stock sources?

There were no changes, these values have always been this way.

In fact I cannot remember ever seeing linux/soundcard.h being modified
in any way whatsoever in the 2.2.x series in fact.

The debian sparc compiler is different, is it defining the "sun" cpp
symbol by default or something equally silly?  This would change the
values used.

Please, Ben, look on a 2.0 debian system for how this constant is
derived by the compiler/glibc combination there so we can root this
problem once and for all.  Thanks.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com