List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Popping noise on OPL3 mp3s/wavs
From:       hines_j () iolinc ! net (Hines, Jim)
Date:       1999-06-24 4:06:11

I recently registered the OSS stuff. Very nice. However it did not clear up a
problem I was having before getting OSS. Whenever I play any mp3 or wav files,
I always experience a popping or crackling sound at the very moment I click the
play button.  This is becoming annoying as you might imagine. Here is my
sndstat output:

Build: 2.0.36

Card config:
Software mixing (audio)
Generic PnP support
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388
SoundPort at 0x534 irq 5 drq 0,3
MPU-401 (UART) at 0x330 irq 7

Audio devices:
0: BTC1815 V1.2 (AD1845) (DUPLEX)
1: Shadow of audio device #0 (DUPLEX)
2: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #0
3: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #1
4: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #2
5: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #3
6: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #4
7: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #5
8: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #6
9: SoftOSS v1.2 CH #7

Synth devices:
0: SoftOSS v1.2
                                                                                      \
Ø  Midi devices:
0: BTC1815 V1.2

Timers:
0: System clock
1: SoftOSS

Mixers:
0: BTC1815 V1.2 (AD1845)
1: SoftOSS

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Please help!

Thanks,
--
Jim Hines
400mhz AMDk6-2 98mb