List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: burning CDs with an IDE CDR drive
From:       Deirdre Saoirse <deirdre () deirdre ! net>
Date:       1999-06-24 2:26:54

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> douglas irving repetto wrote:
> > has anyone managed to burn CDs using an ATAPI/IDE drive? i've just
> > installed RH6.0, and i've found several docs that mention that it's
> > possible if you use IDE-SCSI emulation. but i can't seem to figure out how
> > to get it to work.
>
> Douglas,
> 	I've recompiled the emulation in and Xcdroast tells me I haven't.
> So I'm just burning in "you know what!" till the waters settle a
> little in MY kernel :(

Yes, I've done it. However, note that the emulation doesn't work if you
already HAVE a SCSI card in there. Also, this isn't really related to
sound as it's mostly for burning data CDs -- you probably want the
cdrecord mailing list.

Xcdroast will do a sanity check on your settings and tell you what you
did wrong. :)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I have a simple rule in life: If I don't understand something, it must be