List:       linux-sony
Subject:    AW: [Linux-sony] i830.o causes Kernel Panic when X terminates -> linux-2.4.20 with ACPI patch
From:       "Raphael Langerhorst" <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-12-07 12:38:46

Hi!

I also downloaded the 2.4.20 kernel and compiled it. So far I didn't
have any problem with X. It started right away without changing any
configuration and it worked. The kernel has working drivers for
i810/i830/... what I did was to compile it right into the kernel and not
as module, maybe that's what you should try. And be sure you configured
your X-Server to use the i830m driver ... I just checked my config file:
I'm still using the i810 driver but the i830 should work as well.

Besides: I have not applied the ACPI patch yet (but I don't think this
has to do with the X-Server)

greetings,
Raphael