List:       linux-smp
Subject:    WARNING, off topic: Soundcard
From:       Herbert Wengatz 42850 <herbert.wengatz.extern () ae3 ! hypo ! de>
Date:       1999-03-23 14:57:59

Hi folx! - Please - before beating me to death for that, this is one of the
very few mailing lists I'm on, and it seems to be the one with the brightest
people in it, so I think I can expect here an excellent response quality.
I promise to do so never again! :-)

I do have a Dual Pentium Pro with 200 MHz and 220 MB RAM (TYAN S1668 ATX)
and I have a quite old soundcard, which I would like to update now. I never
really managed to make this old beast (Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16)
work under Linux 2.x (neither 2.0 nor 2.1). And since it's a very old card,
I'd like to get a new, good one.

Can anybody give me a good advice? - Especially since the newer cards support
stuff like Dolby Surround and so on. - Does this stuff work under Linux as well ?

You may want to answer me in silence to not annoy the others. - Thank you!

Best regards,

	Herbert

I was talking to friends a while ago, and he asked: "What would you prefer,
only Cobol the rest of your life, or a spike through the hand?" The consensus
was that the hand would heal. When the question went to NT or Cobol, the
consensus was "What happened to the spike?" - Dave Jacoby on asr

-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/