List:       linux-smp
Subject:    SCSI problems with 2.2.1
From:       "Adam D. McKenna" <adam () flounder ! net>
Date:       1999-03-23 15:39:34

Ever since I upgraded to 2.2.1, about every 20 days my SCSI card has gone
nuts and crashed the machine.  The first time this happened, I thought it
was a bad drive, so I replaced the drive.  That was about 3 weeks ago.  The
same thing happened again last night.

I don't have the logs, because I wasn't fsyncing kern.log (which was
apparently lost when I rebooted)..  but they looked something like this:

SCSI bus reset: [some information]
SCSI bus reset complete.

The load was around 8..  Last time this happened it went up to around 28
before I had to reboot..

The system is a Dual P166 on a Tyan Titan III motherboard.  Buslogic BT-958D
scsi card.

Here's what is configured:

CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_BUSLOGIC=y
CONFIG_SCSI_OMIT_FLASHPOINT=y

I'm upgrading to 2.2.3 as I send this message.

--Adam

-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/