List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Puzzle for 2.2.2
From:       niko () new-york ! Ellington ! Com (Niko Nicopoulos)
Date:       1999-03-23 14:29:44

I encounter a strange proble with 2.2.2. I have some number-crunching
programs written with calls to functions in the pvm library
(I am using a cluster of dual Pentium machines as a compute engine)

THe 2.2.2 kernel compiled and booted cleanly. However, if I compile
my application under 2.2.2, the program produces a segfault right
at the first call to a pvm library function. The executable produced
under 2.0.36 runs beatifully. I even recompiled the whole pvm library
under 2.2.2, but the problem remains. Any suggestions as to what I might do
to produce more information which would be useful for any interested parties
to investigate the probelm?

Thanks
-
Linux SMP list: FIRST see FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/mentre/smp-faq/