List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re:  RealPlayer stability
From:       Peter Godman <pgodman () real ! com>
Date:       2000-07-04 16:18:38

Warren:

I have another idea.  If you have the energy please try the following:

Switch the audio preferences to "Support for older OSS" and possibly close
and restart your player (I think there may be a bug with that pref taking
effect).  Anyway, the frequency with which you're seeing crashes seems
quite suspicious and I curious as to whether disabling postional-query
ioctls on the audio device may help the situation.

WRT your esd problem.  Please change the pref and restart the player.
I'll look into why these don't work properly...

Thanks,
Peter Godman

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/