List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: netatalk won't run on DEC Tulip cards?
From:       Matthew Geier <matthew () arts ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-11-22 2:15:34

> > >--- To quote Judith Haller: ---

 Early versions of the Tulip driver had broken multicast support. This
has long been fixed. AppleTalk uses multicasting bigtime.

 Apparently the Tulip chip is one of the few NICs with a decent hardware
multicast filter, making it ideal for AppleTalk (if the driver can set
it up correctly of course.)

 We had a MacOSX server delivered with a 4 port Tulip based card in it.
(Which i've since identified as a DLink card - the Apple card had no OEM
markings at all, but the board layout is identical to a Dlink!).

--
Matthew Geier			matthew@arts.usyd.edu.au
Arts IT Unit			+61 2 9351 4713

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/