List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] Build questions
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-04-04 9:54:52

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Jimen Ching wrote:

> I have some questions about the current source tree.  First, are there any
> plans to allow building from a different directory?

It should be supported already. I haven't tried yet for a long time, but
normally this works just like with every other autoconf system:

mkdir build
cd build
../configure
make

Then all autogenerated files are stored in subdir build.

> I also noticed that the cvs tree does not contain the configure and
> Makefile.in files.  Does the snapshot tarballs include these files?

sure.

> May I
> ask what the reason was for requiring the administrator to generate these
> files?

you're not required to generate them by hand. just run make -f Makefile.cvs.

It might be a good idea if you would actually read the instructins given on
the Licq snapshots page.

Dirk