List:       licq-devel
Subject:    [Licq-devel] Build questions
From:       Jimen Ching <jching () flex ! com>
Date:       2000-04-04 6:49:33

Hi all,

I have some questions about the current source tree.  First, are there any
plans to allow building from a different directory?  It is hard to
navigate the source tree when more than half the files in the directory
are object files.  Building from a separate directory also allows me to
build for different platforms from the same source tree, i.e. NFS mount.

I also noticed that the cvs tree does not contain the configure and
Makefile.in files.  Does the snapshot tarballs include these files?  May I
ask what the reason was for requiring the administrator to generate these
files?  Most other packages include these files re-built.  Just curious...

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@flex.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org