List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Final list of default styles
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-02-24 21:48:25

On Monday 24 February 2014 22:32:43 Michal Humpula wrote:
> On Monday 24 of February 2014 22:22:50 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the list below provides 17 new default styles in addition to our existing
> > 14 default styles, making it a total of 31 default styles. Albeit this
> > sounds like a lot of default styles, the list makes a lot of sense to me.
> >
> > The list includes all styles that we discussed in the last two rounds,
> > plus
> > dsPreprocessor, dsAttribute, and dsImport. I added dsImport since a lot of
> > languages have the concept of imports, modules, or include files, and
> > other
> > text editors (e.g. vim) highlight these imports in a special color (which
> > I personally like :p )
> >
> > A discussion is still welcome, although I'd be happy especially about
> > Ship-it!-like feedback ;)
> >
> > The next step is to implement this in KF5.
>
> Is there a reason why this cannot be added to kate v3 too?
>
> I recall Christoph writing something about syncing the web syntax repository
> from ktexteditor in which case for kate v3 users those scripts will be
> unusable, right?

The only reason of not doing this for v3 is that v3 is very late in the
release cycle. If I am the one implementing these default styles, it'll be for
KF5, and then it can be backported. But we should try hard to avoid
regressions.

I think it's already now a problem that there are some parts developed in v3
that are not yet in KF5: latest example is the new KateColors class Milian
added. In essence, we first have to port his code before touching parts that
may conflict with his changes.

I'm pretty sure Milian will do pretty much everything that this hits v3, too.
@Milian: correct? ;)

Greetings,
Dominik