List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Final list of default styles
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-24 22:45:09

On 2014-02-24 16:22, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the list below provides 17 new default styles in addition to our existing 14
> default styles, making it a total of 31 default styles. Albeit this sounds
> like a lot of default styles, the list makes a lot of sense to me.

Since I've been one of the vocal ones, I guess I should chime in with a
"mostly" +1 :-). My only remaining comment is...

> Notifications in Comments
> - dsError

(bikeshed: should dsError go under Misc?)

> + dsInformation
>    This default style is used for information text. A typical example is @note in Doxygen.
> + dsWarning
>    This default style is used to highlight warnings, e.g., @warning in Doxygen.

...Are these intended to be used by doxygen.xml (as in the descriptions
above), alert.xml (which maybe more closely match the category), or both?

In some sense, what I'm asking is, will these by default have non-empty
background color? If yes, I'm going to clear that for doxygen. If no,
I'm going to set it in defaults (because alert.xml shows up too many
places to change) and clear it again for doxygen.

I still feel that those two are different roles:

// WARNING: reader needs to know this right now

/// \warning *documentation* reader needs to know this, but not
/// necessarily special when reading the code

(Basically, alert.xml deals with things that are "immediate", whereas
doxygen is communicating information to some future reader.)

--
Matthew