List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles in KF5
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-24 15:49:47

On 2014-02-23 16:15, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Monday 24 February 2014 00:04:27 Andrey Matveyakin wrote:
>> First, may be it would be useful to have something like
>> dsFunctionAttribute (like [[C++14_attributes]] or @PythonDecorators)
>> Matthew has used dsAnnotation for it, but may be it would be better not to
>> mix rules for code and comments?
>
> Hm, true. With "@... in Java" I meant @override annotations directly in front
> of a function. Strictly speaking these are not comments.
>
> Do other agree to add a
> + dsAttribute
> that is supposed to be used in code for this reason (also for C++ __*__)?

I've been won over to the 'more is better' school (within reason; we
don't want totally non-generic things in the default styles). So, +1.
(FWIW, I also lean toward the shorter 'dsAttribute' name.)

>> Second, aren't there any languages other than C/C++ which have a concept of
>> preprocessor? (I honestly don't know) May be, some assemblers? Even if
>> C/C++ is so unique, we still might want to have
>> dsPreprocessor
>> to share this color between highlight files for this language family, since
>> we are going to have at least 3 of them (C, C++, C++/Qt) or may be more
>> depending on the result of discussions in parallel threads.
>
> Yes, other languages exist that have it, too. For instance, m4 is a well-known
> preprocessor.
>
> @others: being a well-known construct, any objections to
> + dsPreprocessor?

Nope; +1. (Apparently Python has it also, though I don't know how one
uses it.)

I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of this one myself, actually :-).

--
Matthew