List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles in KF5
From:       Andrey Matveyakin <a.matveyakin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-23 21:41:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:15 AM, Dominik Haumann <dhaumann@kde.org> wrote:

> On Monday 24 February 2014 00:04:27 Andrey Matveyakin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Let me put in my two cents.
> >
> > First, may be it would be useful to have something like
> > dsFunctionAttribute (like [[C++14_attributes]] or @PythonDecorators)
> > Matthew has used dsAnnotation for it, but may be it would be better not
> > mix rules for code and comments?
>
> Hm, true. With "@... in Java" I meant @override annotations directly in
> front
> of a function. Strictly speaking these are not comments.
>
> Do other agree to add a
> + dsAttribute
> that is supposed to be used in code for this reason (also for C++ __*__)?
>
> Or we use dsAnnotation in code, and additionally include dsCommentCommand.
> Preferences?
>
> > Second, aren't there any languages other than C/C++ which have a concept
> of
> > preprocessor? (I honestly don't know) May be, some assemblers? Even if
> > C/C++ is so unique, we still might want to have
> > dsPreprocessor
> > to share this color between highlight files for this language family,
> since
> > we are going to have at least 3 of them (C, C++, C++/Qt) or may be more
> > depending on the result of discussions in parallel threads.
>
> Yes, other languages exist that have it, too. For instance, m4 is a
> well-known
> preprocessor.
>
> @others: being a well-known construct, any objections to
> + dsPreprocessor?
>
> > And could you please enlighten me, what are dsFunction and dsDataType?
> Only
> > things which can be classified as functions or types based on purely
> > syntactic rules, or some build-in stuff like STL too?
>
> As of now, dsFunction can be used for everything that is a function. For
> instance, def blabla in Python.
> dsDataType is a type that is used for arbitrary data in other .xml files
> (grep
> dsDataType *.xml in the xml folder).

Ok, I see that dsDataType and dsFunction are sometimes recognized by
list-based lookup. If so, I don't understand the dsExtension rule. Many
things can be an extension, not just a keyword, but also a control flow
(e.g. Qt "foreach"), a data type, variable or function defined in a
library. Which will be marked as dsExtension? All of them or only
non-control-flow-like-keyword ones?