List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles in KF5
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-24 15:56:39

On 2014-02-23 16:41, Andrey Matveyakin wrote:
> Ok, I see that dsDataType and dsFunction are sometimes recognized by
> list-based lookup. If so, I don't understand the dsExtension rule. Many
> things can be an extension, not just a keyword, but also a control flow
> (e.g. Qt "foreach"), a data type, variable or function defined in a
> library. Which will be marked as dsExtension? All of them or only
> non-control-flow-like-keyword ones?

If you look at C++ there is already an "extensions" attribute. This is
used for e.g. signals, connect, but not Qt control flow (foreach) or
types (uint), which use the same attribute as built-in of the same. (But
Q_FOREACH I believe uses "extensions".) So while your point is valid,
FWIW a simple dsExtension matches existing usage.

I see dsExtension as more of a "language extensions", not just things
implemented by some library (e.g. not functions, and probably not data
types either). IOW, things like signals, SIGNAL, slots, SLOT, connect
(although this one is dubious), Q_OBJECT, Q_CONSTEXPR, Q_OVERRIDE, etc..

--
Matthew