List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Default Styles in KF5
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-02-20 22:17:19

Ok, final (?) round. The current list looks as follows:
Legend:
 '-': already exists
 '+': new, and makes a lot of sense (only these will survive in the end)
 '?': new, really needed?

Text
- dsNormal
- dsKeyword
+ dsExtension   (same as keyword, e.g. Qt, tr1, and other extensions)
+ dsControlFlow (or dsStructure, if, else, switch, continue)
- dsFunction
- dsDataType
+ dsVariable    ($bla in php or perl)
+ dsOperator    (for +-*/::<> etc..., lots of languages define this)
? dsBuiltin

Strings & Characters
- dsChar
- dsString
+ dsVerbatimString ('' in Perl, CoffeeScript and Bash, r'' or r"" in Python)
+ dsSpecialString (SQL, HERE docs)

Numbers, Types, and Constants
- dsDecVal
- dsBaseN
- dsFloat
+ dsConstant    (language constants, maybe True, False, ...)

Comments & Documentation
- dsComment
- dsRegionMarker
+ dsDocumentation (e.g. @brief in doxygen, or """...""" in Python)
+ dsAnnotation  (e.g. @... in Java, @param in Doxygen)
+ dsCommentVar  (e.g. foobar in "@param foobar", etc...)

Notifications in Comments
- dsError       (wrong/broken syntax)
- dsAlert       (TODO, FIXME, HACK, doxygen: @todo)
+ dsInformation (e.g. @note)
+ dsWarning     (e.g. in doxygen @warning)

Misc
- dsOthers

This makes 12 new default styles (+).

My plan is that only existing items and items with a '+' will be added to Kate.

Only dsBuiltin has a '?' and is still up for discussion.
Can we have a discussion about it again?

Feel free to discuss all the other items as well, but all in all it looks
already pretty good imo.

Thanks!
Dominik