List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Showing scrollbars on demand
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-11-28 10:36:55

Hi Michal,

there are still some issues with showing the scrollbars on demand.

For instance, if you have a buffer where you do not need a scrollbar at all,
e.g. this: http://wstaw.org/m/2013/11/28/plasma-desktopZK3187.png

And now you decrease the height of the view some pixels, so that the
horizontal scrollbar is required. Then I initially get this:
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/11/28/plasma-desktopyx3187.png

So the spaces is allocated, but the scrollbars are not visible, which is
obviously a bug.

Can you have a look again?

There might be more issues with this patch (unfortunately). Showing the
scrollbars on demand was Kate's behavior for a long time. We changed it at
some point because there were several bugs.

Thanks,
Dominik