List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: frameworks branch => Switch focus to KF5 porting?
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2013-11-28 22:19:05

Hi,

after some slacking around, the initial port of KatePart to KDE Frameworks 5 is \
working. I commented some stuff like drag and drop and accessibility out ATM, with \
"FIXME KF5" comments but otherwise, at least in the KWrite app, it seems to work.

Kate application needs still porting ;)

Any help welcome, but please mark hacks/commented out stuff with "FIXME KF5".

Blog post online: http://kate-editor.org/2013/11/28/katepartkwrite-arrives-in-the-kde-frameworks-5-world/

Before these changes, I merge once again master into frameworks.

Given that the part seems to be at least usable and not completly broken, I think it \
would really make sense to shift the main development focus on the KDE Frameworks 5 \
version to have some rock-solid port available as soon as KF5 takes off next year.

Greetings
Christoph

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----