List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Snippets
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2013-05-02 19:35:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 29 April 2013 20:54:50 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hmm, before this escalates, the snippet code in KDE 4.10 had the issue that
> the hot new stuff config file was missing in the installation, which was my
> fault (and I fixed + backported that).
>
> But other than that, at least what I tested did work in KDE 4.10.
>
> What is now broken or what did not work in 4.10?

Pretty much everything is broken in KDevelop.

- existing snippets not shown anymore
- UI is changed to the kate way which simply sucks imo, unclear buttons, empty
views, no context menus, ...

From a maintanence POV this is a nightmare as well:
- new code does not follow the style of the surrounding code
- giant diffs with unclear commit messages - wtf is a "45% merge" supposed to
be?

It more looks like it delets the KDevelop code and brings back the old
"snippets_tng" stuff which was thrown out initially.

Sorry Joseph, but this really does not work for me. I'd rather fork this again
or well, undo the deletion of our code in KDevelop and ship the old snippets
plugin which has proven to be usable.

> ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
>
> > forwarding to list

Milian Wolff