List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Splitting incremental find and general search/replace
From:       Sebastian Pipping <webmaster () hartwork ! org>
Date:       2007-07-27 20:34:38

Anders Lund wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2007, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>> But that actually is the problem: no search history.
>> I requested a larger search history for EmEditor a while
>> back because I use so many search patterns more than once,
>> especially when search/replacing with regex and needed
>> even more history.
>>
>> The only reason why I didn't even notice this feature missing before
>> is because I don't use the Kate from trunk for daily work.
>> I fully agree with Robert here.
>
> But we can still keep the history and add to it whenever we do a not
> incremental search.

Shouldn't the whole search be incremental?
I mean mixing this would be very confusing.
If we split it into bar and dialog then I see
no problem with the history as well.

> Related note: It allways irritated me that kate doesn't linke a search pattern
> with the related replacement (select the corresponding item in the
> replacement histyory when the search history is changed)

That's a good idea. In adition I would go even a step
further and add "preset support" to enable the user to
save and load the whole set of search dialog options
plus pattern and replacement. I always wanted that feature.

Sebastian