List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: current state of kate highlighting/rendering (i.e. the Big Nasty
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-18 21:35:05

Mirko Stocker wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 July 2007 21:43:05 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Unfortunately this is not the case, for dsNormal text, the highlighter
>> is not assigning an attribute and so the list is empty.
>
> In one of my first patches I've changed the KateHighlighting::doHighlight
> method to add the normal attribute if no other attributes or 'noHl' is set.
> Shouldn't that fix it then?

One would think, but I want to say when I tested it it didn't. I haven't
had time to look at it in a while though.

What happens if you *do* put an assert/kdDebug where I mentioned? Does
it trip ever? (Be sure to try both with and without highlighting, e.g. a
new document, and a bash script. Although if it happens when there is no
HL at all, but never if there is HL, that's probably OK and we can fix
KateRender also to deal with that.)

--
Matthew
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in."