List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate & Kyzis colaboration ;)
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-29 20:51:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 28 May 2005 17:32, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> I think that would be nice. Using the yzis kpart in kate is somehow not
> different from using it inside KDevelop or Quanta.
And it would be nice to merge efforts in enhancing this one GUI for the parts, \
instead of 10 new ;)

> If we start to work together closely, we should also take the
> opportunity to make the syntax highlighting engine of kate reusable, so
> that we do not have to merge it manually in yzis.
>
> Mickael, what would be required to make the syntax highlighting code of
> kate reusable, as opposed to the current solution ?
I think atm there is no way to do this, folding still is floating around, and hl will \
get some redo for kde 4 to be better suited to play together with out rendering
And even if, this won't move out of kdelibs, or this is depencies hell for kate part, \
as hl has changed often, and BIC

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team