List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: The future of tiling? [WAS: remove Tiling specific "switch focus" shortcuts]
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-13 22:55:55

Am 13.03.2012, 20:57 Uhr, schrieb heikki naski <heikki.naski@gmail.com>:

> tiling and a solution for non-hardcore-tilers might even be just a few
> shortcuts which resize windows automatically. There are some already
In case you've the bespin deco installed, i somewhen in the past
experimented a bit and if you scroll the maximize button (press ctrl for
the other dimension) the window will take certain screen size fractions.
I then thought along the window snapping, this would make a nice weak
tiling approach ;-)

Major problem as with mmb/rmb is that it's hardly detectable.

> without tiling enabled, like Quick Tile Window to the Left/Right. Are
> these also considered to be dropped at some point?
No. Not gonna be dropped.

> two windows horizontally maximized and sharing the vertical space seems
> to require manually resizing the windows.
The maximize button (regardless of the decoration) support one-dimensional
maximization (press right or middle button)

Cheers,
Thomas