List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: q: KWin Rules doc - Ignore global shortcuts/Block compositing
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2012-02-28 15:31:04

[ I mistakenly sent the following to Thomas .. I meant it to go to the
list. ]

On 02/28/2012 02:44 AM, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> 2012/2/28 Pablo Sanchez <pablo@blueoakdb.com>:
>
>> If I create a rule and set `Ignore global shortcuts | Force |
>> Yes', /all/ global shortcuts are forever ignored.  Not just for
>> the qualifying window(s).
>>
> While such window has the keyboard focus the global shortcuts such
> as alt+tab or alt+f2
>
> [ trimmed ]
>
>> Similarly if I set `Appearances & Fixes | Block compositing |
>> Force | Yes', compositing is disabled system wide.
>>
> This rule is supposed to keep compositing deactivated as long as
> any client to which it applies is present. Yes.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your explanation.  What you describe above is exactly my
observation.  It's now clear what's happening based on your information.

I'll capture that in the documentation.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com