List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Lockscreen branch
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2011-08-16 16:02:53

On 16/08/11 16:37, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> At the moment I don't see a reason for using a library except keeping the CMake files cleaner.
> In future I expect that parts of it (the unlock UI) will be used by different parts of kwin (effect
> and non-composited) which would require these parts to be put into an own library.

The unlock UI is actually a separate application altogether.  The stuff
that lives in KWin is really just an idle-checker (using the
XScreenSaver extension if possible, or code from xautolock if not) and a
D-Bus interface.

> I assume it's just a library because it used to be a library in KRunner, or is there another
> reason, Farhad?

Well, it wasn't a library in KRunner (which is why it wouldn't work
properly as a library - the symbols in the SaverEngine class are not
exported).

Alex