List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Code Removal
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-30 15:59:16

Am 29.01.2011, 15:49 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin
<kde@martin-graesslin.com>:
> I proposed such a repo some time ago and it didn't find agreement back
> then.
--> Here's one. =)

> I just see one problem with it: BC.
Why? The effect plugins have a version tag to guarantee API matches, this
covers ABI as well.
Whenever the tag gets bumped the distros will have to update the package,
the situation would
be not much different as it is atm with 3rd party plugins, just that KDE
would host them and
KWin could put some less relevant effects there which are currently in the
core.

> Maybe in plasma-addons released  together with workspace it makes more
> sense?
This would not free us from development restrictions (i18n) or pace
(delays on serious bugfixes
delays, just think of the flipswitch issue - which i can stunningly not
reproduce...), yesno?

--
Cheers,
Thomas