List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-02-25 10:54:32

On čt 21. února 2008, cedric wrote:
> On Thursday 21 February 2008 19:49:12 Rivo Laks wrote:
> > I'm planning to make one but I want to wait until the effect is in SVN.
> > Otherwise we'll have people wanting to try it out but unable to find it
> > in svn.
>
> If it is fine for you, i'm ok to add it in the test plugins.

 Yes. Please see
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account for
getting SVN account if you don't have one, this mail should be enough as a
reason to get it.

> I just cannot garantee that I'll have enough free time to finish it until
> 4.1

 That's ok, in the worst case it would be simply disabled. Especially if you
want to have it only in tests/, as that one is never enabled in SVN.

> And I would like to do some major rework on it and extract some code to
> extern al files (the 4x4 grid + bezier patch could be used as a base to
> many effects, it is really a powerfull tool to do all kind of window
> deformation)

 That's ok too. There may be freezes e.g. before the 4.1 release, but in
general putting stuff in SVN doesn't mean it can't change anymore. Again,
especially if it's in tests/.

> So if these kind of changes are allowed when it will be in
> svn, I'll be happy to add it.

 You're welcome :). Now only a blog entry with a video is needed to make you
famous ;).

 PS: Speaking of videos, in general (that is, I'm talking to all people here),
please provide the video also in a "normal" format, not only on youtube. If
you don't have a suitable hosting space for it, I can host the video file at
home.kde.org, which should be able to handle the possible load.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer