List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-02-25 10:44:00

On čt 21. února 2008, cedric wrote:
> I didn't catch it yet :/ I think i not involve kwin code, but as debugging
> kwi n effect is hard, (at least for me, i'm used to tools like gdb,

 You can use gdb, you just must not run it directly in the same X session
(switch to another X or text console). See file HACKING for more debugging
tips or just ask.

> but is is of a ny help here, and I deadlock when I want to print too many
> trace...)

 I think that if you remove all code from (un)grabXServer() in utils.cpp it
should avoid the deadlock and the chance that it will break something is
relatively low. It should be still simpler to just redirect kwin's stderr to
a file.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer