List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2008-02-11 16:51:30

Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev 10 veebruar 2008) kirjutas cedric:
> hey, the last path I sent was completly broken and nobody complained... in
> fact it was the same that the first one that I sent to the list...
>
> Ok this new patch SHOULD work, if not, please send me a mail and tell me
> what is broken for you.

Hi

I just tested your effect and it looks awesome :-)

> What is missing :
>
> - configuration dialog (I'm working on a basic one)
> - there is a little bug when the effect "finishes", the window is not
> exactly at its final position.
> - the shadow under the window is not transformed, It shoud us the same
> vertex array as the window.

This is not as trivial actually. Shadow always assumes that window is
rectangular ATM. Support for shadows of non-rectangular windows is planned, I
guess that now we also need to add transformed shadows to TODO list as
effects want to be able to transform shadows as well.

> - I need to implements a little helper function in kwineffects.cpp to
> create a tesselation of the rigth size, with makeGrid(), width and height
> cannot be independents.

Would that be the same as in your previous patch?

Rivo