List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       cedric <cedric.borgese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-12 23:34:40

On Monday 11 February 2008 17:51:30 Rivo Laks wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev 10 veebruar 2008) kirjutas cedric:
> > hey, the last path I sent was completly broken and nobody complained...
> > in fact it was the same that the first one that I sent to the list...
> >
> > Ok this new patch SHOULD work, if not, please send me a mail and tell me
> > what is broken for you.
>
> Hi
>
> I just tested your effect and it looks awesome :-)

thanks :) i'm glad you like it :)

> > What is missing :
> >
> > - configuration dialog (I'm working on a basic one)
> > - there is a little bug when the effect "finishes", the window is not
> > exactly at its final position.
> > - the shadow under the window is not transformed, It shoud us the same
> > vertex array as the window.
>
> This is not as trivial actually. Shadow always assumes that window is
> rectangular ATM. Support for shadows of non-rectangular windows is planned,
> I guess that now we also need to add transformed shadows to TODO list as
> effects want to be able to transform shadows as well.

at least what we need here is a flags to force the shadow using the same
transformation than the window. But I don't even begin to take a look at how
shadows are drawn and if it will be possible...

> > - I need to implements a little helper function in kwineffects.cpp to
> > create a tesselation of the rigth size, with makeGrid(), width and height
> > cannot be independents.
>
> Would that be the same as in your previous patch?

yes, it is exactly what I need. If it is ok for you, I'll reintroduce it in
the next patch i'll sent to the ml.

I introduced a config dialog in my version, but infortunatly, some new bugs
too :/ when I manage to fix them, i'll propose all the code for inclusion in
the official tree, as I work on 2 differents computers, it will save me some
painfull manual merging....