List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: CoverSwitch Effect
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2008-02-11 17:11:24

Ühel kenal päeval (laupäev 09 veebruar 2008) kirjutas Martin Graesslin:
> I worked a little bit on my ringswitch effect (another alt+tab window
> switcher) during the last week and I have made some changes, so I thought
> of sending it again to the mailinglist. If it is OK I will commit it to
> trunk ;-)

Looks good to me.
Few things in addition to Lubos' comments:
- I think it would be nicer if the highlighted window would rotate _while_
moving to the center of the screen. ATM it first seems to move to the center
and then rotate.
- There seems to be quite some code duplication in paint*Windows(). Maybe
something could be done about that.

> The Compiz effect has some reflections. Is there an easy way to have these
> reflections in KWin? Because they really look nice ;-)

The easiest way to do reflections would be to draw the windows twice and do
glScalef(1, -1, 1);  before the second pass. That would flip the windows in
y-direction. You might also need to translate a bit so that the lower edges
of reflections and "real" windows are at the same places.
You can take a look at this example of mine:
http://websvn.kde.org/kde/trunk/playground/libs/kgllib/examples/coverbling/
It does both reflections as well as rotate-while-moving, so maybe it's useful
for some inspiration ;-)

Rivo