List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Blur effect
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2007-04-29 15:48:10

Ühel kenal päeval (laupäev 28 aprill 2007) kirjutas Rivo Laks:
> Which graphics card does it need?
> It uses shaders and render targets, so ATM it needs GeForce 6000 or up (not
> so sure about ATI cards, Radeon x500 or something and up may work).
> Once I get our GLRenderTarget to work with ARB_texture_rectangle, it will
> also work on cards not supporting NPOT textures, that is GeForce 5000 /
> Radeon 9500 and up. I'm not sure if those cards are fast enough for
> everyday usage though...

Update: now it works even when NPOT textures are not supported, so GeForce
FX / Radeon 9500 and up should work.

When NPOT textures are absent, I just create a larger POT texture. E.g. if
your display is 1280x1024 then 2048x1024 texture is used. This wastes some
memory, but at least it works.
The other way would have been to use rectangle textures, but this turned out
to be much more difficult than I thought, so it won't be done for now.

Rivo