List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Blur effect
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2007-04-29 17:09:37

On so 28. dubna 2007, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've committed a blur effect into SVN.

 Excellent.

> Finally, there is a strange rendering bug when multiple translucent windows
> are active (there's weird 1-pixel border around some widgets when/after
> they're highlighted). Screenshot:
> http://freehackers.org/~rivo/kwin/kwin-blur-bug.jpg Maybe someone can guess
> what's causing this...

 That looks like it paints outside of the actual window area (when a window
moves only its old geometry is marked to be repainted, if something remains
then it's probably outside). It may be some rounding error somewhere, or
possibly the rect adjusting in BlurEffect::updateBlurTexture(), I don't
understand that code much.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer