List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] kdebase/kwin/clients/b2
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2004-05-16 20:52:58

On Sunday 16 May 2004 12:25 pm, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:

> "Shade" doesn't seem to have any real reasoning to it. The most
> common use of "Shade" is just for an area with less light, which has
> no relation to this. Then there's shading in drawing, and that's
> similarly unrelated. I assume the Mac guys picked it meaning it like
> a window-shade, which can be pulled up to reveal the window, but
> there also doesn't seem to be much logic to that.

In my exerience, "shade" and "unshade" are appropriate terms. At least
if you're following the "window" metaphor. The only windows I "roll up"
or  "roll down" are automobile windows. But house windows have blinds
(windowshades) that you shade and unshade. Of course, this may be
regional usage.

--
David Johnson