List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] KWin brekage: client_popup removal
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-09-03 12:33:12

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwin&m=102776958803796&w=2

> The real fix would have been to stop
> close() from working on menubars and to make dock windows such as kicker
> not movable with keyboard shortscuts.

 My main problem was that client_popup and active_client could be different
clients, as that also caused some problems than closing the macmenu IIRC. And
I especially didn't like the fact that client_popup was set in
Workspace::requestFocus() and that keyboard shortcuts used client_popup too.

> The current fix introduces more problems that what it solves. Start xclock
> for example, a window that does not take keyboard focus. Click on its
> system menu button and select close. It won't close the xclock but instead
> the currently active window: bummer.

 Hmm, I see. I forgot some windows don't get active.

> having keyboard focus is not the same as having the window operations
> popup.
>
> We could fix the issue by doing some kind of pseudo-activation with clients
> such as xclock (or other dock windows that do not take focus like kicker).
> But would that be better? If you e.g. click on kicker and by doing so lose
> your active window? I doubt it.
>
> Any ideas?

 Hmm. Looks like we should revert, as that macmenu closing etc. should be
probably fixed now. I don't know what to do with the rest, if I recall
correctly that there are also other problems.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer