List:       kwin
Subject:    [Kwin] Fwd: Re: 'Follow the leader' dialogs
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-08-05 12:42:04

 Anybody objecting :)  ?

----------  Forwarded message  ----------

Subject: Re: 'Follow the leader' dialogs
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:11:34 +0100
From: Francis Irving <francis@flourish.org>
To: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@sh.cvut.cz>

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 10:04:08PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  There are definitely going to be people or cases where it won't fit, so it
> shouldn't be hardcoded (e.g. if I put a toolbar at the screen edge, I guess
> I'd yell if it moved together with the window - not that _I_ actually move
> windows much when I maximize them all anyway ... maybe I should implement a
> new KWin placement policy called 'maximize' ;)  ).

Yes please!

I rarely if ever put two windows side by side, as I use large fonts, and
like to fill the screen with one thing.

I also think it would be quite nice for some users.  My Mum (on Windows)
still doesn't understand overlapping windows, minimisation and
maximisation.  If everything was always maximised, and there was just
the task bar it would be much easier.

Francis

--
 Lubos Lunak