List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    mishandled HTTP 100 Continue in WTK23 and Nokia 6600
From:       Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2005-10-12 23:08:07

I hadn't realized until now that HTTP "100 Continue" responses existed
in the wild, but now I've seen them with my own eyes and have read
about them in the spec:

 http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.1.1
 http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec8.html#sec8.2.3

At one time the MIDP reference implementation mishandled this, but it
was reported to have been fixed long ago:

 http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0109&L=kvm-interest&F=&S=&P=20514

However, it appears to me that the WTK23 Beta implementation does not
handle it correctly.  In my experiments, the subsequent 200 response
is eaten by the 100 response handler.

I've seen the same problem on the Nokia 6620 and others have reported
this as well:

 http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-45158.html
 http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=76&threadID=522654

Can others corroborate and/or offer workarounds?

While on the subject of WTK and HTTP, does anyone know how to change
the user-agent sent by the WTK -- to something other than UNTRUSTED?

When I signed my midlet and ran it in a trusted domain (in WTK23) and
noticed that the user-agent had been changed to:

 user-agent: Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0

This is an improvement, except the emulator was configured for
MIDP-2.0 so I would have expected that profile string to appear in the
agent.

Joe.