List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Completion-Interface
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2008-04-24 8:32:31

On Friday 18 April 2008 10:37:38 David Nolden wrote:
> My opinion:
> Lets simplify katecompletionmodel.cpp so it's more understandable,
> generalize what seems C++ specific, fix  the bugs we find, and we're
> fine.
>
> I don't want to give up on the ability of using multiple models.
> Currently for example you can use the word-completion plugin,
> snippet-completion, and cpp code-completion at the same time, which is
> neat.
I would be happy with that, too. My main concerns are:

a) maintainability for the future: atm the code is really not readalbe at many
parts, the sorting of the proxymodel even uses ugly defines....
b) ease of use, sure, for people working on the interface + implementation it
is easy to write functional models, but for others, it's just guessing what
to do. If there would be a good tutorial, that would already be good start,
for example techbase.kde.org would be good place to have one online :)

cu
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com