List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: KOffice Problems
From:       Alexandra Leisse <leisse () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-05-17 19:58:57

Hi!

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 19:54, Graham Todd <grahamtodd2@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Ubuntu 9.04 ("Jaunty") installation which I have upgraded to
> add the Kubuntu 9.04 desktop.
>
> When trying to install koffice-kde4 1.9.9, it kicked out
> kpresenter-kde4, though I didn't notice the error message.  I noticed on
> the KOffice webpage that 1.9.9 was an RC release (release candidate),
> and that the "official" release was KOffice 1.6.x
>
> I tried to install KOffice 1.6.x, and it tried to delete the whole of
> the KDE install.  By trying each item listed in Synaptic under Koffice,
> I traced the problem to kformula which gave an error message "Broken
> pipe".  I gather this message means two unrelated processes that are
> communicating with each other have one of the process stop, but as I am
> simply installing an application, how can this process be running and
> have to stop?
>
> Does it mean that both versions of KOffice (the kde3 and kde4 versions)
> are broken in Ubuntu/Kubuntu?  Or just that I need a clean install?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

I am not completely sure if I understood your problem completely, it's
a bit confusing... My gutt feeling tells me that it probably is a
Kubuntu issue. I'd suggest asking in #kubuntu on irc.freenode.net

In case you don't find a solution there (or I am wrong in my guess),
please come back here and poke us a bit more. ;)

Alexandra

> Graham Todd

Alexandra Leisse
Sent from Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany