List:       kplato
Subject:    kplato: Calculating schedule doesn't work
From:       Vidar Langseid <vl () ez ! no>
Date:       2009-05-18 8:37:07

Hi

Sorry, but there must be something fundamental in kplato I have missed. I hope
someone might be able to help.
I have made one resource(person), one calendar and a few tasks which are all
assigned to the one resource.

I then expect that when I hit the "Calculate" button that kplato would
schedule the tasks so that they don't overlap (the one resource I have should
only work 8 hours a day...). However this doesn't work.

When I hit the "Calculate" button I instead get cryptic messages in the log
like:
"Could not  match effort. Want 16h0m got 0h0m"
"Resource vl available from 05/18/09 12:00am to 05/18/11 04:00pm"
"Resource vl not available in interval: 05/18/09 12:00am to 05/18/09 04:00pm"
All tasks is defined "As soon as possible", no fixed dates.

Clicking on view->Resource assignments shows 0.0 in total for my resource so
there might some mapping between resource and tasks I have missed ?

I have attached my test project in the email( not sure it will get through to
the mailing list though)

I am using KOffice 2.0RC-1 from Kubuntu/Jaunty
(KPlato v.0.6.99)

Best regards,
Vidar

--
vl@ez.no | eZ systems | ez.no

["kplato_vltest.kplato" (application/x-vnd.kde.kplato)]