List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Kopete hacking
From:       Volker =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4rtel?= <cyberbeat () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-07-22 7:29:07

I also don't like the proposed gui changes.

- Vertical space is no problem for me, and can be saved by hiding the menu (ctrl+M) \
and making contacts use only one row, see my contact-list:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1390/kopetelist.jpg
- transparency you can have with desktop effects, or in detail-window/program-setup \
specific for every window  (right click on title-bar).

I would propose some other small changes, which would make kopete more intuitive:
- F2 shortcut for renaming contacts inline
- when protocol icons are shown in contact list, and chat is started via click (or \
double click), click on protocol icon of a contact should open a chat in specified \
protocol. This is especially important for sending offline messages, if you know your \
                contact prefers one protocol over another.
- it should be possible to directly choose contact-photos from harddisk, and not \
having to load AND find(!) them in an extra list (this list is totally useless in my \
opinion, or does somebody can tell me a usecase?)

Besides that, I find kopetes gui much more comfortable and configurable than other \
clients like pidgin/miranda/..

Volker