List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Native nowlistening support
From:       Tiago Salem Herrmann <salem () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2008-12-03 15:53:17

Olivier Goffart escreveu:
> Le dimanche 30 novembre 2008, Tiago Salem Herrmann a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been playing with nowlistening to WLM last days.
>> WLM protocol supports "listening to" in a native way, so we dont need to
>> append strings to the "personal message", which I consider very bad.
>>
>> I'm sending a patch, and it is just an initial idea, as I know we should
>> not add setCurrentSong() method in Account class, but as we have
>> setStatusMessage() there, it was my only idea.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't know kopete internals and at least for the moment
>> I have no idea how to do this in a better way.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tiago Salem Herrmann
>>

> The old MSN plugin already did tha.
> It used the StatusMessage metaData
>
> http://api.kde.org/4.1-api/kdenetwork-apidocs/kopete/libkopete/html/classKopete_1_1StatusMessage.html
>
> this could be improved,  but at least allow you to do what you want i think.

Ah, ok.. the only problem is that if we do not set nowlistening to
append or to replace the status message with the current song, the
protocol will never receive a notification, and then we cant handle
metadata, and if we set to append or replace we do receive metadata but
the personal status message is replaced as well.
Is there a solution for that?