List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Native nowlistening support
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-01 23:29:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le dimanche 30 novembre 2008, Tiago Salem Herrmann a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing with nowlistening to WLM last days.
> WLM protocol supports "listening to" in a native way, so we dont need to
> append strings to the "personal message", which I consider very bad.
>
> I'm sending a patch, and it is just an initial idea, as I know we should
> not add setCurrentSong() method in Account class, but as we have
> setStatusMessage() there, it was my only idea.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know kopete internals and at least for the moment
> I have no idea how to do this in a better way.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiago Salem Herrmann

The old MSN plugin already did tha.
It used the StatusMessage metaData

http://api.kde.org/4.1-api/kdenetwork-apidocs/kopete/libkopete/html/classKo=
pete_1_1StatusMessage.html

this could be improved,  but at least allow you to do what you want i think.