List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Reuse kopete chat
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-15 12:55:27

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 02:57:21 Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have idea to reuse kopete chat implementation in kdegames.
> Several games now require chats, and there is a probability that new
> network games will use chats too.
>
> We have own implementation in libkdegames, which comes from KDE2 (or
> earlier?) times. It is not very advanced and certainly not so nice as
> Kopete's.
>
> I heard some time ago that there are plans to make kopete chat available
> somewhere in kdelibs in order to not reinvent the wheel in every kde
> application that needs chat functionality. What is it's status now? Are
> there any steps done in this direction?
>
> Thank you,
> -Alex

Well, it depends on what you mean when you say "chat". I'll assume you're
talking about our chat window. AFAIK, there were no plans to move the whole
thing in to kdelibs, but only certain pieces such as our text input widget, so
I can't really give you status or steps already taken since we never had any
plans to do this.

Thanks
--
Matt