List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Reuse kopete chat
From:       Alexander Smirnov <alexander.v.smirnov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-15 7:57:21

Hello everybody!

I have idea to reuse kopete chat implementation in kdegames.
Several games now require chats, and there is a probability that new
network games will use chats too.

We have own implementation in libkdegames, which comes from KDE2 (or
earlier?) times. It is not very advanced and certainly not so nice as
Kopete's.

I heard some time ago that there are plans to make kopete chat available
somewhere in kdelibs in order to not reinvent the wheel in every kde
application that needs chat functionality. What is it's status now? Are
there any steps done in this direction?

Thank you,
-Alex